Victor Borge said that laughter is the shortest distance between two people. A beloved musician and comedian who lived for nearly a century, the “Great Dane” must have known what he was talking about.
Indeed, funny people provide a sort of relationship therapy. This article in Psychology Today provides data compiled by neuroscientist Robert Provine, P.h.D. for his book, Laughter: A Scientific Investigation, that further proves our point:
- Laughter plays a big role in mating; men like women who laugh heartily in their presence
- The laughter of the female is the critical index of a healthy relationship
- Like yawning, laughter is contagious; the laughter of others is irresistible
On Saturday, February 7, the hilarious one-man national touring show, Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus LIVE!, stops in Stamford for a night of giggle-inducing vignettes on dating and marriage.
LAUGHTRAX is our popular stand-up comedy series, held Upstage @ The Palace in an intimate, club-like setting. Shows next month include:
- Thursday, February 19: New York Comedy Night at the Palace, featuring Last Comic Standing 4’s New York City Capital One Audience Favorite, Jon Fisch, and master storyteller, Shaun Eli.
- On Friday, February 27: Top-flight improv comedians square off in head-to-head debates that tackle some of the most “important” issues of our time in Uptown Showdown.
If the object of your affection prefers classical music, treat them to The Stamford Symphony's performance of Elgar's "Salut d' amour" (Love's Greeting) and a night of romance brought to you by Rossini, Mozart and Beethoven.
The Stamford Symphony on February 14
The fastest way to a man (or woman's heart)?
You don't have to be Don Juan, or Disney's frisky mutt, Tramp, to know that food is an essential part of a perfect first date. Through special arrangement with The Palace, six fine dining establishments in downtown Stamford are providing an exclusive $30 prix fixe menu for two people from 5:30 to 7:30 pm (not including tax, tip or alcohol) – a deal specially designed to get you in your seats by curtain with a full stomach and minimal stress.
Downtown Dinner Deals!
For more information and a list of participating restaurants, click here.
What’s more, Laughtrax ticket holders are eligible for a 20% discount at Sam’s American Bistro at the Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, just around the corner from the Palace, including complimentary parking!