In a mere two weeks, Olivia Lane will perform live music at The Palace Theatre. The country singer has already made her inaugural visit to The Palace last year, which makes her return all the more exciting. Here are a few reasons to come to see country’s sweetheart perform on Friday, October 21. (Tickets here.)
1. She’s a natural on stage thanks to her theatre background. She was Éponine in Les Misérables, Miss Adelaide in Guys & Dolls, Jan in Grease, Hedy in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying and Princess Winnifred in Once Upon a Mattress.
2. Olivia knows what it takes to make a good country song. Similar to theatre, “It [country music] is a little play that takes you on a journey. That’s what a good country song should do.”
Image courtesy of Rolling Stone
3. Magazines predict she’s going to make it big. Olivia made Rolling Stone Country’s list of “10 New Country Artists You Need To Know” and was named Entertainment Weekly‘s “Breaking Big” artist.
4. She’s a baseball fan. In May she headlined the Chicago White Sox’s pregame show, “Rock the Sox,” at U.S. Cellular Field. And in August she took the field to deliver the National Anthem at the San Diego Padres game. Then in September, she sang “God Bless America” at New York Mets Citi Field during the seventh inning stretch.
5. She makes her own sunshine. Not only by titling her single “Make My Own Sunshine,” but also spreading positivity and joy in what she calls “The Sunshine Movement.”
Image courtesy of Instagram @olivialanemusic
6. She’ll meet and greet her fans. She says her favorite part of being a performer is meeting people!
7. Olivia goes rogue. She’ll sing a single off her album and then turn around and cover a Top 40 song (and crush it).
8. Her band is insanely talented. They have no problem holding down the fort while Olivia rests her vocal cords between sets.
9. She embraces the quarter-life crisis by writing a song about it. “Sitting in my sweatpants eating cheap Chinese. Watching Netflix on my hand-me-down couch.”
Image courtesy of Twitter @olivialanemusic
10. She’s a foodie at heart. The girl has a sweet tooth for Shipley DoNuts and GooGoo Clusters.
11. She’s now stranger to country superstars. She has opened for Wynonna Judd, Kip Moore, and Randy Houser.
Olivia Lane will perform at The Palace Theatre Stamford on Friday, October 21, at 9 p.m. To purchase tickets, click here.
For more live entertainment coming to The Palace, click here.